April 11, 2011

Crash Course in Photography 101

I decided that this spring I would take beginners photography. I was soooo excited about it. I had zero experience in it and I figured this would be perfect for me as I begin on my journey to understanding the world of photography. Don't get me wrong, the class has been phenomenal, but I have definitely run in to my fair share of challenges. Using film is tough, especially after you have been using a digital camera for a very long time. You have to take a good shot pretty much every time, because there is no checking the screen after you take the picture and there is no deleting. Messing up a role of film will cost you both time and money! We also only use black and white film. That is a whole other challenge. When you see something in color it catches your eye and you know that the image will be just as beautiful after you upload it as when you first took a picture of it. With black and white, that is not the case. You have to make sure that there is good balance between the darks and the whites/lights otherwise you will get this sort of gray color that is more like blah instead of ahhh! The class has been a huge learning process, but it has been great. Today in class we scanned some of our favorite photos. Soooo, here is a glimpse at a couple of shots from the semester.

A friend, Erin, in Greenville's beautiful Falls Park

My sister, Meghan before a storm over spring break in Pensacola, Florida

A random girl that I thought looked interesting in Falls Park, Greenville, SC

1 comment:

  1. ummmmmmm MARG GORGEOUS PICTURES!!! keep up the amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete